Excuse the radio silence for the past weeks. I went to California to visit my newest niece and her big sister…and then spent the following week trying to catch up at work and at home.
What a wonderful week! Here are five lessons by Emma and Cora Lee.
1. Don’t look where everyone else is looking…gaze upon the things you find beautiful.
Cora Lee is less than two months old, but she coos and grins at the things she finds amazing: the lights above the dining room table, a hand, a painting of a yellow bird
2. When you get cranky, a nap and a snack can turn things around.
I’m a big proponent of the afternoon nap…and both Emma and Cora Lee are, too!
3. Nothing wakes you up again like the perfect soundtrack.
Every morning Emma requested a set of songs and videos on Grandmama’s iPad: “Shake it Off” by Taylor Slift [sic], “Roar” by Katy Perry (where Katy is afraid, but then she realizes she is as brave as a tiger) and “Doo-doo-POW” aka Pentatonix Counts (& Sings) to Five.
4. 2 1/2 years old and 42 1/2 years old are just the same (according to Emma…and I think she’s right!)
5. Even the biggest slide isn’t scary, when there’s someone who loves you waiting at the bottom!
and I have plenty more to share this month. Delicious recipes, thoughts on stress-relief, and other good things…like the theme of the month. Let’s just say it’s about as different from space as we could possibly get, but it’s all in the luck of the draw!